Recalling one location while in another dream
During a new dream this morning I had the opportunity to try to learn more about a recurring dream that has been with me for at least the last 5-10 years. This morning's new dream involved me being at some type of retreat/class, where I was eventually joined by my wife, a friend, and his former wife.
At some point in the dream after my wife showed up, I decided that I would ask her about a place in my other recurring dream. This recurring dream takes place a Zen retreat center that in my dream life I believe is somewhere in Florida. I've never been to this place in my normal, waking life, but in my dream life it is very real to me. Dream-wise I've been there several times, but not recently.
So for some reason during the dream this morning I asked my wife if she could tell me if she remembered it, and if so, where it was, but she couldn't help. During this process I vividly remembered a main room in the facility where I would sit with other people while we talked about things like the Dharma and the Sutras, so it was cool to remember those things while in the dream state. There are several things and places in the dream state that are as real to me as the computer I'm typing this on, and this facility is one of those places.
Other notes: I don't know what might have brought on this dream, but here's what I know:
- Yesterday morning I went to my doctor for my annual physical.
- I've been very busy at work lately, with a deadline coming this Friday.
- I spoke to my wife on the phone yesterday around noon, and she told me of family problems she was experiencing.
- My energy level is okay.
- I had some dental work done last Thursday, and I've had major toothaches since then, including last night when I first went to bed. I thought one of my teeth was going to explode, and I took a few Aleeve tablets.
- I haven't seen my friend in a year or two now, and haven't seen his former wife in at least five years, maybe more.