Aborted attempt to make a Facebook entry while asleep
Bummer, I'm pretty sure I could have made a blog or Facebook entry last night while my body was sleeping, but unfortunately when I tried to do it my heartrate took off like crazy, and I had to abort the attempt.
Here are a few more details about the night:
- I meditated and practiced some yoga while meditating right before going to bed.
- I've been meditating and practicing yoga for a few days in a row now, and I also "knew" my mind was in a good state to attempt this, so I set up my computer so I was already logged into Facebook. All I would have to do was wake up the computer, click the Facebook Comment button, and type in an entry.
- Next, I told myself before going to sleep that I would "wake up" my mind while my body was asleep, and make this entry.
- I went to bed around 12:30am, and my mind "woke up" while my body was asleep somewhere around 3am. I was actually very calm, this was all very "matter of fact", but I could feel my heart racing in my chest, and it was way out of my control.
- I woke myself up, sat up, and then walked around a little bit, doing what I could to get my heartbeat to slow down.
- I felt very uncomfortable, so as a reminder to myself: Al, you decided it would be a really bad idea to try this again without a doctor around.
I don't know why my heart did this, but it really was very uncomfortable and scary enough. Again, in my mind I was very calm and matter-of-fact about this -- I was neither scared or excited -- but my heart was very much out of control.
At the moment I don't know where I go from here ... this was fun, and I was enjoying the experiments.