Going to sleep here, waking up in Illinois
Even though I did nothing intentionally to generate any "special effects" last night, they came again in bunches. Three times I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep, and as I "fell asleep" here, I woke up in a bed in Illinois where I grew up.
At this time (the following morning) I don't remember the first event, other than I recall it happening. Actually, it ended up with me being on a baseball field, and I recall my uniform number being 45, which I thought was weird. A few friends from the high school baseball days were there also.
The second time I woke up in my old bed in Illinois, then felt the door/portal to the "other universe" open up, and a woman from the other universe joined me in bed. While I was more than happy to have a sex dream, I began to be confused about where I was, here or there. In addition to that, my bedroom door was open, and I knew my mom and one of my sisters was home, as we had just finished a conversation. As I tried harder to sort this all out, I woke up back here. (This was the only part of the dream that involved an opening to another universe, or whatever that feeling is.)
After the third time I woke up in Illinois I decided to make an audio recording of what happened that time. Here are the notes I recorded:
- Closed my eyes here, woke up there.
- I woke up in the same position there that I was in here, laying on my stomach.
- I heard my mom saying something repetitively in the other room, I don't remember what.
- Next, she tried to wake me up, and I pretended that I was asleep.
- She went downstairs, maybe pouring something to drink, then went into a bathroom.
- When she did that, I floated out of the bed, then floated into another bathroom.
- In the bathroom I observed the room, including a bathtub, landed on the floor, and then stretched my lower back, which has been sore recently.
- As I thought about floating through the door to get out, a young red-haired girl opened the door from the outside. She said she knew how I hated passing through walls and doors, and she was there to help me.
- As I floated out the bathroom door I floated into another home I knew instantly. It was the home of a friend of mine from high school, and I immediately knew right where everything was. My youngest sister appeared in the home also, and asked what I was doing there. I told her this was AM's home, and showed her around. There was an Elton John cassette or eight-track in an old style turntable/stereo device, and a few other things from the 1970s. (When I woke up I realized it wasn't his home from high school, but a home that I have always associated with him in the dream state.)
- When I left there I went out the front door of this living area, and it was like I was in a basement or lower level, as I floated up some stairs and went out a back door of the building.
- Instantly the back yard was familiar. It was a derivation of the back yard of my aunt's back yard in Chicago. They lived in an area where all these three-story buildings were right night to each other, and all the back yards were separated by only chain link fences, so you could see from one back yard to the next, and so on.
- What I actually saw was something like that, and something I've seen many times before, but it actually wasn't her back yard. In this back yard the fences were about 6-8' tall, and there was also a flat mountain range (a plateau or butte) visible in the back as I floated up to 10' or so.
- I floated over one fence with some dogs beneath me, and I said hello to them. As I started to float over a second back yard there were some long-necked animals in that yard, and I realized I couldn't gain any more altitude, so I turned around and floated back to where I started.
- As mentioned, these back yards were extremely familiar, and I've been there in the dream state before.
A job in a pharmacy
In a later recurring dream I was also reminded that I have a job in something like a pharmacy or some sort of trauma center. This morning we were supposed to give a demonstration of a few products, and I have to admit, I'm horrible at this job.
Absolute silence, and seeing very clearly
After the first three sequences where I ended up back in Illinois, I had another experience where I was just sitting in this vacation area I know very well in absolute silence. There were no thoughts in my head, I was just "there".
The interesting part about this was that if I thought about something, like a particular restaurant, I could see everything inside that restaurant just like I was there. So I thought about the table where I usually sit, the menu, the silverware, and so on, and as I thought about each item, I was able to see them very clearly.
As I began thinking too much, I thought that this must be what hypnosis is like, and it would be much easier if I was hypnotized. The sheer act of thinking "Let me see the menu" is distracting enough that it disturbed the silence, and eventually led to me thinking, which woke me up, but, if someone else like a hypnotist asked me to describe the menu, or the table, etc., I think we could have done that for a very long time. For some reason there isn't much thinking involved in describing things, but there is thinking involved in deciding what to look at next.
What interests me most about last night was:
- I did nothing to set this up, except go to bed a little early and listen to some Monroe recordings as I initially fell asleep. I fell asleep with the headphones on maybe ten minutes into the first recording, then woke up some time later and took them off.
- I ate the world's crappiest dinner last night, and even ate too much. I had no reason to expect anything to happen, and only used the headphones because my neighbors were making a lot of noise.
- In the middle of the night I wasn't tired at all, and thought about getting up. As a result, rather than drift off to sleep, I was able to stay awake, and in one instant be here, and in the next instant be in my bed in Illinois. (I think this has to do with falling asleep very slowly, and probably having alpha brain waves while still being awake.)
- As mentioned, when the woman joined me in bed briefly, the feeling was that she came in through some sort of portal, like when the dog appeared one or two nights ago. If I can ever figure out how to describe that sensation I will share it. The only thing I can say right now is that you'll know it when you feel it.