Long, slow dreams
Nothing major to report today. The last two nights I've been focusing on falling asleep as slowly as possible, and setting my intention to try to recall past lives.
The result has been long, slow dreams, primarily involving my best friend, and others involving my wife (we're separated). One result of these long, slow dreams is that I woke up at 2:30 this morning fully refreshed and ready to start the day. I had to convince myself to go back to sleep.
A quick summary of the dreams:
- I stayed at my friend's house, like we were back in high school.
- He had to get up for work in the morning, but I didn't, so I accidentally kept doing things to keep him awake during the night.
- When morning came, along with his brothers and step mother, they were doing something to some pieces of metal, some coins I think. They were cleaning them to be re-sold, I think, and the smell from whatever they were doing was horrible.
- For a while we talked about a land I know in the dream state that isn't real here in the physical universe, not on Earth. I dream about this land a few times a year, and it's always constant; if you ask me in the dream state how to get there, and what's there, I can tell you.
- I went with him to some place like a mall, got on an elevator, went up, got off the elevator, and ended up in a small church of some sort. This was a surprise to me, but he knew about it. We had to sit outside in a waiting area as a group of people left, but I can't remember what we discussed while waiting, or when we went inside.
- After a break, I went back to sleep, and dreams with a similar long, slow feel began. This time was with my wife, and the part I really remember is her flying a small plane. We went from one place to another a few times, and she came close to hitting a few things with the right wing, but generally flew very well.
- At one point, as we flew low and along a river, someone on the ground used something I can only describe as a flame thrower or some sort of heat weapon to scare us off. As I thought about why they would do that, I realized that they just wanted planes to fly higher, that by flying low we were causing a problem of some sort.
- Despite the long, slow nature of the dreams, I can't recall any more at this time. I do know that we stopped at a couple of places, and at the end of the dream I was supposed to fly the plane somewhere. I recall going out to the plane and starting it, but not flying it.
I've enjoyed the fact that it's getting dark out earlier these days, and I look forward to practicing yoga and meditation again in the evening. I guess I don't like doing that stuff when it's light out, but this time of year puts me in a mood where it's much easier to do this.