Memories of the 2013 Buddhist Geeks Conference
August 19, 2013
I’ll add to this as time goes on, but here are some great memories from the 2013 Buddhist Geeks Conference:
- People I met (L, D, K, more)
- The drawings created by Kelly Kingman were really wonderful, and a great way to “capture” the talks.
- Feeling lonely after Day 2 because I hadn’t found real common ground. (On reflection, most of this was because I was very tired.)
- Feeling an energy bounceback on Day 3 after getting some sleep.
- A couple of women from NY were fun, and funny.
- A young organizer showing a quick temper several times.
- The artist who created the large boards for every speech.
- Young men talking and then meditating in the lobby.
- Giving my lunch to some homeless people.
- Having some fun interactions with people from the Mars Society, who had a conference in the same area at the same time.
I’ll add more over time, but for now, I have to run.