Dream of a wake/visitation

March 21, 2009

I went to bed last night with an upset stomach and seemingly without energy, so I didn’t even think about making any dream recordings. Too bad, because the night was chock-full of them. Unfortunately, they all had an ominous overtone to them, including death-related dreams.

(Actually, saying that I “went to bed” is an overstatement. I spent most of the night sleeping on the living room floor on a couple of blankets.)

One dream was about a wake/visitation, for my paternal grandmother, I think. It was very strange seeing all those relatives again, as I haven’t seen any of them in the 15 years since my father died. This grandmother is also dead; she passed away about 20 years ago. In this dream I did something where I accidentally walked in some water — it may have even been a pool — and when it came time to be a pall-bearer I didn’t have my shoes on.

Another dream was related to my brother-in-law K, who was bitten by a female dog that had just given birth to several puppies. I think most of this was related to my wife’s family, and near the end I had to find something that I had stowed away at a hotel, and there were two hotels next to each other, and I was trying to figure out which was which.

Unfortunately I can’t remember the earliest dream, which I thought was the most important one. It’s one of those things where you think “This is so important I couldn’t possibly forget it”, and now I’m awake, and I can’t remember it. Hopefully it will come back to me later today.

The thing that really bothers me is the death dream. That whole wake/visitation dream went on for quite a while, and if it really means anything back here in the physical world, sorry, I wasn’t able to piece the clues together.

The last dreams I had involving death were related to my wife’s grandfather. Looking through the blog here, it looks like the dreams I interpreted as being death-related were back on December 1, 2008, and he passed away about eight weeks later. In that sequence he had been on my mind for quite a while, as my wife gave me updates on his health from time to time. (As usual, I will note that my wife and I have been separated for several years.)

back to the Tequila/Monk front page