Lucid dreams and OBEs
Just a quick note that I spent most of the time from midnight until 3am this morning in lucid dreams and the OBE state. I didn't make any notes about them during the night because there wasn't anything remarkable about them, but after many more dreams from 3am until I woke up this morning, I don't remember a lot of detail about them, other than being happy that they finally started up again.
A few notes from the night:
- I read a book until somewhere around 9-10pm while leaning against my bean bag chair on the floor.
- Very tired when I finished reading, I set the book down, rolled on my side, fell asleep fast, and slept there until midnight.
- At that point I got up, brushed my teeth, went back to bed, and had a hard time falling back to sleep. It was very easy to stay near the "mind awake, body asleep" condition, as my mind was thinking about various things, while I kept relaxing my body to try to fall asleep. My body wasn't asleep, but I relaxed deeply, and could not fall asleep for some time.
- The first OBE sprang out of a lucid dream. I was laying in a bed somewhere in a dream, "woke up", then could feel things around me, then felt myself being pulled (levitated and pulled) out of the bed. I flew out through a sliding glass door, through a yard, then up and over some trees.
- I was thinking about a very specific person at this time, someone who had "phoned" me during the earlier part of the dream and was crying. I tried to get to her, and kept thinking I needed to go faster.
- I finally came back down and landed in an area I took to be a college campus. There were two women there who looked familiar, one who I knew but couldn't place, and the other woman I was trying to help.
- Without getting into any details, I'll just say I woke up shortly after this.
After waking up, the process kept repeating itself until a bio-break at 3am. From then until I woke up at 6:30am I had a long series of wild dreams, and in the last dream I was a guard in a prison.
In other notes, I have meditated a little bit each day, but I haven't practiced yoga in a while. I also haven't had any alcohol in several weeks, maybe months, though I am sill drinking coffee every day.
I'm just glad to see I can still do this, I was beginning to wonder there for a while.