Recurring dream of a large party
Nothing major this morning, but I had a long, recurring dream that I haven't had in quite some time ... I can't remember when I had it last. It goes something like this:
My "wife" and I are having a party, and it starts off small, with a collection of her girlfriends, oddly at the house where I grew up. Though I guess my wife and I are married, I find myself strongly attracted to a friend of hers with short red hair, she is attracted to me, and my wife doesn't seem to care.
As I'm showing the red-headed girl around the house, the scenery changes, and we're suddenly hosting a party in a much larger home that I know my wife and I own. There are many, many more people in the house, dozens perhaps, and I'm trying to show this girl where she can take a shower.
As we walk through the house, I see the following cast of characters:
- All three of my sisters, though the middle one barely moves.
- My youngest sister's two daughters are in the dream, and my youngest sister is yelling at them a little bit because they need to get somewhere by a certain time. (I think we're celebrating something like the Kentucky Derby, and they're leaving the party to go to the Derby.)
- My wife's brother.
- My dad's grandfather.
An older couple comes to me, tries to tell me who they are, and although I don't know what they say, I know who they want to meet, so I introduce them to my oldest sister, and then to my grandfather, and everyone starts crying, though it's a cry of joy.
A few other summary notes of the dream:
- The house is an old wooden home of some sort, with very, very tall ceillings, somewhat Victorian.
- Near the end of the dream, a man comes to me to complain about some people running outside. I recall he's complained every time I've had this party, and that's when I realize this is a recurring dream.
- There were some dogs involved in this dream, and they morphed in shape. They appeared early in the dream, when it was just me and my wife's friends, but they were important to me.
- At this same point, early in the dream, there was a lot of discussion, but unfortunately I can't recall it all. Though I was strongly attracted to the girl with the short red hair, we were all very involved in a discussion, and in a way we were caring for, or were concerned about, these dogs who were morphing in shape.
- As I thought about the party I was a little concerned about the people who weren't there, but once I realized this was a recurring dream, and everyone was happy, this was a "fun" party, and not some sort of gathering after a funeral or something like that.
There's not much else to add, other than the part where you wake up, and wish you could have stayed in a dream for a few hours longer.