Notes from July 9 and 10, 2007

October 5, 2012

In addition to the love letter burning party, I ended going through a lot of old papers tonight, and one thing I found is that almost all of my handwritten records of OBEs occurred between the months of September and March, i.e., the Fall and Winter months. )That is, with the exception of the summer of 2007, when I seemed to have more problems staying in my body than getting out of it.) So, if you're attempting to have OBEs, based on my experience, this is a wonderful time to start trying to have them.

Regarding the summer of 2007, I found notes from a two-day spurt in July 9th and 10th of 2007. The incidents were fun, I still remember them very well. My handwritten notes from those two days follow.

July 9, 2007

Some sort of psychic attack ... As I gained consciousness in some sort of dream/OBE state, someone said, "Is this close enough?!", followed by a big bear hug from behind me. I fought it off, woke up, and still felt stinging sensations on my arm and back where I was being held.

Later ... something like an octopus was hugging me, but I think this time it was intended to be friendly and helpful in some way. It said something about it being old, like 60.

July 10, 2007

Went drinking early, came back and fell asleep by 9pm, woke up at 11pm.

Relaxed, thought about trying the card test, closed my eyes, then guessed a black 5 or 8, though this was just a guess, like remote viewing, not like an OBE where I get out and actually see it clearly. I did "see" a shape and the dark/black, but I couldn't distinguish between it being a 5 or 8, I just knew it was curved like that. Shuffled the cards, turned one over, it was the 8 of clubs.

Started thinking about the intensity of leaving my body, perhaps like Zen Masters do ("Leave this room!"), and thought of the euphoria they are said to go through after achieving enlightenment.

Laid down, relaxed very, very deeply without falling asleep. Someone came in the room and sat on the bed next to me, freaking me out considerably. Got up, laid down again. Directed my attention to different areas around the cabin. "Heard" two phone calls very clearly, just like I was on the line with them, but just listening to what they said. Still wide awake. I sat up again and recorded what I could remember (on the recorder).

One more: July 7, 2006

I can't find my records of it, but I know the date I first succeeded at the card test was the evening of July 6th or 7th of 2007. (I can see that from the date on an old blog post, but it looks like I renamed the one I'm looking for.)

Another: July 2, 2007

Here's one more from the same time period, the time my astral body slid off the couch just after I laid down. Again, an interesting time.

back to the Tequila/Monk front page