Spending hours with spirits

January 22, 2013

The special effects started again yesterday afternoon when I took a short nap. I had a lucid dream of living somewhere else, a place I knew. Although I "knew" the design of the living space I was in, I also found myself really loving the design. A main feature was a sliding glass door in the bedroom which led to a deck/balcony. This was all inside the building, so when you stepped out to the deck, it overlooked a living room below.

(I also just remembered that there was a television on during this dream, and two reporters were discussing the word "uck," which was apparently a popular phrase/colloquialism amongst teenagers. It sounded like a variation of "ugh," or perhaps the f-word.)

The first visitor

Then this morning, probably somewhere around 4-5am, I began having lucid dreams/visions/interactions with spirits/ghosts. It's hard to say that this was sleep, because I woke up and moved around 10-20 times during the event, which lasted until 7am.

I don't remember all the details now, except the first dream/vision began in a house, and I knew someone or something was with me. So I told "it" not to be afraid, that I'd like to communicate. With this a young girl materialized, and when she spoke she had a British accent.

During our conversation I noticed her fingernails, which were painted a purple-ish color. I asked her about them, and she said the color was called "blue velvet." Back here in the physical world I've never heard of that, but if you search for "blue velvet fingernails," you can see what this looks like.


I was with another person in the dream, so the three of us proceeded to play a game for a while. Possibly seeing that there was no harm in this, another young girl materialized, and also joined in the game. I was very lucid and asked them questions as time went along, but didn't get any "aha" answers to prove anything about their possible existence back here in the physical world.

Over the next few hours I was joined by a collection of what I will call ghosts or spirits. As with these girls, I was lucid the entire time, and tried to learn something interesting about each one, but again, I have no proof of anything back here in the physical.


Near the end of the adventure I began thinking about who else had been in these dreams/visions, and I realized they were either my sisters, or deceased relatives from my mother's side of the family. The first one I can recall is my mom's Aunt Irene, and then I can't recall the order of appearance of the rest. I believe her daughter Dianne, who is also deceased, was also there at the beginning. While there was nothing in these dreams that said "death is coming", when this aunt has appeared in dreams before there has always been an "event" on my mother's side of the family. It's like she's a messenger of some sort.

More people joined us as the dreams progressed, and the last dream included my mother and her sister, both of whom are alive. Several of my sisters went for a walk with friends. I had forgotten about this until now, but it seemed like they/we were getting ready for an event. If I had to guess I'd say it was a wedding (as opposed to a funeral) because nobody seemed sad, just busy. However, back here in the physical, I can't think of any relatives that will be getting married any time soon.


  1. I haven't been in contact with my sisters or mom since the holidays, other than seeing posts from one sister on Facebook, and knowing that another sister has been dealing with the flu.
  2. As with other recent dreams (contacted by an old friend, contacted by another old friend), there is no obvious conclusion I can draw from this long series of events. (Other than to say that I enjoyed being able to do this again.)
  3. I know I got sucked into the storyline a couple of times, but for the most part I stuck with my "observe and report" strategy. Waking up frequently helped me get out of the storyline and just observe.
  4. I woke up frequently because a) my stomach was upset and b) I've had plenty of sleep lately, so I was well-rested.
  5. I have been meditating at least 5-10 minutes daily for the last week. I've noticed a significant improvement in my concentration and breathing in the last two days.
  6. I've been listening to a Monroe recording named, "Discovery #6-Freeflow 10," as background noise on and off for the last few days.
  7. I've been taking the time to practice yoga every night.
  8. I've decided to get a clock with large letters I can place on my nightstand so I can be more accurate about the time and length of these dream segments. Right now I don't have a clock in the bedroom at all, so I'm just guessing on the start time of these events.

Later that day ...

Of course what happens later in the day, after you've had a morning like this, is that you're tired. Personally, I usually feel very refreshed after an event like this, then very tired later in the day, which is how I feel now.

back to the Tequila/Monk front page